Aurora helps local people and their families with a cancer diagnosis. They receive a package of holistic therapies, beauty treatments and support from our extensively trained and experienced therapists.
Moira Jarvis one of our patients say...s 'Your family and friends can help but only so much, You need an outlet to hlep yourself and deserve to be treated. Aurora is a luxury you can afford'
We rely on fundraising activities year round if you can help by organising your own event, coming to one of ours or even donating your time please get in touch
Amazingly, there is only eight weeks to go to the start of our Bonjour Bawtry cycling event.
At precisely 11:00 on Saturday 5th & Sunday 6th July, the wheels will start turning to decide which team will cover the greatest distance in the 4 hours that it is anticipated that the best riders in the world will cover Stage 1 and Stage 2 of the Tour De France.
The emphasis of the whole event is fun, team building, eeting new friends and supporting a local people who are living with a cancer diagnosis, by raising much needed funds through a minimum of £50 sponsorship per rider. There will be plenty ofAurorasupporters in attendance and there will be a pre – start warm up session, which will commence at 10:15 am on both days.
- Fastest male & female (covering the furthest distance)
- Aurorachampions (team covering the furthest distance)
- Fundraising champions (the team that raised the highest amount of money)
- The team awards will be announced once the race has been completed and checked by our independent adjudicators.
- The fastest male & female will be announced the Monday following the event via email.
- The fundraising champions will be announced one month after your event to allow you plenty of time to collect your sponsorship.
All the results will be posted on the website and Facebook after the first event is completed so you will be able to check out your team’s performance.
Each team member will be asked to ride for a period of 20 minutes each. The changover will be managed by Team Cycles. Full instruction on the Watt Bike’s will be given by a member of staff from Team Cycles our event company.
We have very few teams left but if you can get involved with your own team please do